Just after I updated my server to Fedora 15, I found out that eclipse is crashing when code/content assist comes up. I started searching in internet for a solution and got many with a lot not fixing my issue. Finally, I figured out why.. Its due to the new libwebkit!
With lot and lot of changes in Gnome 3, they also managed to change the name of libwebkit to libwebkitgtk. Obviously, eclipse can’t know this (like the other tons of application struggling in Gnome 3).
So to make your eclipse work with Code assist without crashing, do the following
- Create a symbolic link for libwebkit
ln -s /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-1.0.so.0 /usr/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2
or whatever version of libwebkit you have
org.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=trueto eclipse.ini or config.ini of eclipse
I hope this helps.
UPDATE : eclipse.ini works only with fedora versions prior to 16. For everything else, please update to config.ini